Ladies, have you always wanted to rock out but were too afraid to try? Wish no further. Ladies Rock Camp, is taking applications for 2009. The camps fill up fast, so don’t wait to apply. Don’t take my word for it – even Oprah and the Huffington Post touted its awesome-ness.
As written about before and just recently by our good friends at BlogHer, Ladies Rock Camp is a four-day rock immersion program designed for women ages 18 and over. Recent college grads mix with rocker mamas and grandmamas. It’s a fundraiser for the Rock ‘n’ Roll Camp for Girls.
Here’s the deal:
- Cost is $375 (includes meals, instrument training, and even a self-defense workshop)
- Learn drums, bass, keyboards, vocals, or guitar, or just improve your skills
- Form a band, write an original song, and perform it four days later at the LRC Showcase
- Have a great time with staff, volunteers, and women from around the US (and beyond)
- And of course, there’s the infamous Saturday night Karaoke party at the Rock Camp and the party bus to Portland’s late night spots.
Do not hesitate. Sign up now. I’ll be there rockin’ the bass guitar.